[Project_owners] [Mirrors] Mime-type changes for .rdf files

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Thu Apr 24 07:37:59 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 15:45:25 Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> According to Mozilla documentation [1], .rdf files should be served as
> text/xml.  We've updated our recommended mime-types for mirrors [2] and
> will be updating our servers to serve .rdf files as text/xml in the near
> future.
>
> If you have any questions about this change, let us know.
>
> -Doug
>
> [1] http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/install.rdf
> [2] http://mirrors.mozdev.org/mime-types.html

Apparently we don't need to change anything.  application/rdf+xml is the
appropriate mime-type for RDF documents according to RFC 3870 [1].  I've
checked with people at Mozilla and apparently the documentation should be
updated to reflect that application/rdf+xml is valid; I'll be doing that
shortly.

Sorry for the noise and the trouble.

-Doug

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3870.txt