[Project_owners] drupal forums help

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Wed Apr 23 10:25:05 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 13:11:19 Eric H. Jung wrote:
> I've just discovered that people can post to my drupal forums after
> registering and the post appears just fine. But replies to posts don't
> appear unless (1) they confirm their email address or (2) I approve
> ("publish") the post. How can I permit registered users to post replies
> without having to approve their email address?
>
> Actually, I'd like to allow anonymous users to post new thread and new
> replies, but I cannot get that to work even with the recent discussion.

To allow anonymous users to post without approval:
Goto Admin -> User Management -> Access Control
  Comments Section, Check "post comments without approval" for the Anonymous
user, Click "Save permissions" at the bottom of the page.

Is the email confirmation the one that you're receiving for new users where
you need to activate them?
If that's the case, you need to go to:
Admin -> User Management -> User Settings
  Under "User registration settings" set "Visitors can create accounts and no
administrator approval is required." and click "Save configuration" at the
bottom of the page.

-Doug