[Project_owners] "Notes" are being spammed

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 23:30:17 PDT 2008

Eric H. Jung wrote:

> [...]

I figured that out indeed. The point I was trying to make was, that the
default setup wasn't (spam) safe, so maybe that could need some tuning.

> I think you have three options:
>
> 1. configure drupal so users must register to post,
> 2. disable comments on the wiki,
> 3. configure CAPTCHA to prevent bots

To prevent spam I originally went for option 1. only registered users may
post. Based on your other mail about forums, I think it's probably better
(at least more user-friendly) to go for option 3, although computers are
getting better in CAPTCHA than humans...

Either way, it's probably easier to get rid of spam on drupal than it is on
the old notes system.

Thanks again for your 2 cents :-)

Onno