[Project_owners] File management

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Thu Apr 17 05:15:05 PDT 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 00:06:58 Trevor Hobson wrote:
> With my Objection extension there are three xpi files that are listed under
> the no extension section of file management.
>
>  The objection-0_3_2-fx.xpi file is exactly the same as the
> objection-0_3_0-fx.xpi file that is listed in the extension section except
> that the Firefox max version has been bumped. Can anyone tell me why this
> happening?

Typically .xpi files end up in the "Non-extension files" section because the
install.rdf file did not parse correctly.

For objection-0_3_2-fx.xpi I get an invalid character error at line 10,
character 23; did you add the French translation for this release?

$ xmlwf install.rdf
install.rdf:10:23: not well-formed (invalid token)

>  I am also not sure why the 0_4_0a1 and 0_4_0a4 files are listed below
> while the 0_4_0a2 and 0_4_0a3 files are listed above?

I'm not sure either; were the 0_4_0a2 and 0_4_0a3 files originally committed
without the French translation and then later updated with the french
translation?  If so, the install manifest would have been parsed correctly
and then failed when updated (they seem to have the same error as the other
files).

I'll fix the bug where extension detection doesn't get reset when a broken
install.rdf is later updated, but the install.rdf probably needs fixed for
these files.

-Doug