[Project_owners] "Notes" are being spammed

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 04:09:41 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Benoit Renard, msnmsgr <
myfirstnamehere at gawab.com> wrote:

> > You probably need to edit the edit.html page as Malte suggested:
> > http://mozdev.org/pipermail/project_owners/2008-April/011319.html
>
> Yup, that worked. Thanks. :)
>
> Now, how do I remove the spam from the newsgroups? There doesn't seem to
> be an option to delete messages in the administrative interface that I
> can see.

Newsgroups messages can be canceled by sending a control message to the
newsserver. I'm not sure though how mailman reacts to that and the spam
messages probably won't be removed from the list archives either...

It's a long time ago since I've last used it, but
RFC1036<http://www.rfc-editor.org/cgi-bin/rfcdoctype.pl?loc=RFC&letsgo=1036&type=ftp&file_format=txt>should
tell you how to do it exactly.

It should boil down to sending a message including the following headerlines
to the news server: