[Project_owners] XPCOM help

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 09:09:52 PDT 2008

Well, having said that I looked at an extension of mine where I have custom startup and shutdown code, and I do have it in an XPCOM object. You need to observe one or more of the topics listed here:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Observer_Notifications
The shutdown topics I am certain you can observe from a browser.xul overlay, but some or all of the application startup topics might be broadcast before the initial browser.xul is displayed.