[Project_owners] sandbox setting gone MIA on AMO?

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+mozdevnews at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 4 08:08:05 PDT 2008

Neil venit, vidit, dixit 04.04.2008 16:43:
> Michael J Gruber wrote:
>
>> I'm OK with JS and XUL, but I'm too stupid for the new AMO site. Where
>> did the sandbox go? I know there should be a setting under "My
>> Account" saying "Show Sandbox" (between "Hide email address" and
>> "Website URL"), but there is none for my account.
>>
>> Beyond the (dis)appearance in a settings page, I think the sandbox
>> should be more visible. How else do we get users to review addon
>> updates? There's so much frenzy about updating for FF 3.0, and now all
>> those updates are buried in a box of sand ;)
>
> They're not. Previously sandboxed extensions now appear even if you're
> not logged in, but in that case you're prompted to log in before you can
> download them.

This does not seem to be the case at least for LocalLink, whose version
0.4 has been sitting there for a few days now and doesn't show up
whether I'm logged in or not. I bumped it for b5 (after testing)
yesterday, still no change. (FF3b4 required a new version, not just a
bumped maxVersion)

Michael