[Project_owners] proposed changes to Mozdev roadmap

Myk Melez myk at mozilla.org
Thu Apr 3 09:21:52 PDT 2008

Pete Collins wrote:
> For security reasons, I would advise against this. Uploads are safer
> using version control and or browser file upload.

Mozilla IT has been deploying a new secure file upload and management
strategy for stage.mozilla.org that we could probably reuse.

I agree that version control is safer, because it's easier to correct
mistakes, but direct file manipulation is simpler and an oft-requested
feature (and for folks who want the safety, it's pretty easy to check
the files into version control as well).

Browser file upload is a good idea that we should implement as a
super-simple basic file upload solution whether or not we also enable
scp/sftp/ftps upload.

-myk