[Project_owners] proposed changes to Mozdev roadmap

alta88[nntp] alta88 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:22:45 PDT 2008

---On 2008.Apr.02 10:45 AM, Myk Melez wrote:
> I'm on the board of the Mozdev organization
> <http://www.mozdev.org/about.html>, and we're in the process of
> reviewing our roadmap for development
> <http://www.mozdev.org/resources/roadmap.html>.

I would have to say far more important than any of these is
implementing a simple to use (for authors) automatic secure
update mechanism.  A là AMO.  There is/has been great
dissatisfaction with AMO and this one critical feature is
really the only show stopper from people coming to alternatives.

I'll bet someone could even take advantage of the new Search
Addons to make a mod so that it can also check mozdev.

I've found the initial project setup pretty straightforward,
sure it could be 1 click (esp with forums), but it's about 3
clicks now, not 10..