[Project_owners] proposed changes to Mozdev roadmap

Jesper Staun Hansen jesper at heroes-addon.dk
Wed Apr 2 10:04:29 PDT 2008

Myk Melez wrote:
> I'm on the board of the Mozdev organization
> <http://www.mozdev.org/about.html>, and we're in the process of
> reviewing our roadmap for development
> <http://www.mozdev.org/resources/roadmap.html>.
*> 1. Add one additional revision control system, and deprecate CVS.*
uhmm... Thought this already was on the roadmap. But deprecate CVS? No,
not really.
*
 > 2. Implement a new website hosting service with simple WYSIWYG wiki
publishing and scp/sftp/ftps file upload.* *
*I think there is more important things to do.
*
 > 3. Automate project creation and management so that project creation
requests can be addressed in minutes or hours and users can self-manage
their projects.*

What's the rush? And it's already on the roadmap.

I actually like the roadmap compared to the proposed.