[Project_owners] Project tagging available

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Wed Apr 2 08:44:03 PDT 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 11:58:22 David Boswell wrote:
> > Some time ago I have tried changing the tags for my project Forward,
> > but I ended up with all my tags being removed.
>
> There may be other reasons why your tags aren't showing up.  Doug can
> probably provide more information about that.

We've been working on improving the documentation on what is appropriate use
of tags and have written a doc here:

http://www.mozdev.org/drupal/wiki/MozdevProjectTagging

It goes over what we feel are good uses of tags; the biggest things are that:
* tags are used by users for recognizing what they're looking for, not as
  search keywords
* tags should not be unique to a project

If you submit some tags that you think should show up and aren't seeing them,
feel free to email feedback at mozdev.org and we can discuss what's going on.

-Doug