[Project_owners] Dynamic menupopup

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 03:45:45 PDT 2008

Neil wrote:
> Onno Ekker wrote:
>

>> After changing the key, the menu isn't updated, but the key
>> combinations have changed and also when I use DOM Inspector, I see
>> that the key combinations and acceltexts have traded place.
>>

> Whoa. this has never worked properly! An attempt was made to fix it over
> six years ago in bug 99853 although as you notice it never worked
> properly; the acceltext has been set on the menuitem itself, but
> unfortunately using the "quiet" flag which means that it doesn't
> propagate to the places that need it. Time for bugzilla!

Thanks bigtime!
Mozilla bug 99853 says it's Resolved and Fixed, but apparantly it isn't
fixed so that the menu's get auto updated.
I'll try some more using the info there, e.g. by first removing the keys
and than setting them again. In comment #5 it's suggested to work like
that and the patch is based along those lines according to comment #6.
Or can I change the bits (frame_state_bit) directly from javascript, so
that I don't have to work around it?
Or did you suggest I'd reopen the bug or file a new one with your
bugzilla time?
I'll try some more, when I get back to my development machine (I'm at
work now...)

Onno