[Project_owners] Dynamic menupopup

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 12:32:46 PDT 2008

Hi,

For my Thunderbird extension I've added some fixed menuitems, but I
dynamically switch the key attribute on them.

After changing the key, the menu isn't updated, but the key combinations
have changed and also when I use DOM Inspector, I see that the key
combinations and acceltexts have traded place.

I've tried some methods to get the menu refreshed, so the labels and
acceltexts show like they should, but the easiest way I found was so far
involved setting the menuitems to hidden, showing the menu, hiding the
menu and restoring the menuitems, but I can't help but thinking there's
got to be an easier way to get this done.

Can't find it in the docs, though, so if anyone can help me out.
Thanks in advance,

Don't know if it matters, but it's about menuitems in a toolbar menu,
not a context menu.

Onno