[Project_owners] www "project"

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 06:13:30 PDT 2007

I have a question about the Project Configuration.

I think it's a good idea for the projects to conform to the standard
branding through local.conf, but I'd like to display some pages without
branding.

Unfortunately, when you turn branding off ($local_conf_no_wrap=ON) or go to
the page with the no branding url /no_wrap/ page.html you still can't
specify plain html. You can check this by viewing the following page for
instance: view-source:http://www.mozdev.org/no_wrap

I'd like to have no branding to leave the pages as is. I don't understand
the need to generate html. Most project owners can probably dream in html.

You also have the option to turn of branding completely
($local_conf_serve_as_is=ON), but I'd like to turn it off for only some
specific pages.

Maybe you could add an option like the /no_wrap/ url (/as_is/ for instance)
to turn off branding totally for a specific page?

Or else it's maybe possible to turn of branding completely, and then add the
branding yourself on the pages you think that should be branded. Although it
would mean more work for me, it might be an option, if I knew how to insert
all the branding items. I think it's maybe just default.css and some php,
but I haven't found a list of got a clue as to what php I have to add to
brand my pages.

Maybe there are more project owners that want to follow the branding, but
not as strict as is forced in general?

Onno