[Project_owners] McCoy for extension signing

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 15:36:01 PDT 2007

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> The tool to automate secure updates has finally been released:
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/McCoy
>
> If people try it out, please post any feedback you have here as well as
> upstream.  Mozdev will try to get some information on how to use this along
> with our system posted shortly.
>
> -Doug

McCoy is a XULRunner application (which BTW should run on SuiteRunner as
well) enables you to update your software in a more secure way, but the
initial installation stays as is, and thus unprotected.  In other words
we're not able to offer the same level of security (this compared with
a.m.o).

Note that you can disable the checks, or make this feature fully
incapable of doing anything (see my comment in the original bug report).

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead