[Project_owners] Hide statusbar icon

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 07:03:40 PDT 2007

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:18:39 +0200, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk,
MultiZilla wrote:

>> i want to let user choose if he/she needs status bar icon or not, is there
>> any special method to do that or not ?

> You can use: "browser.toolbars.showbutton.mybuttonid" for which
> SeaMonkey has a pref observer setup, which works for me (when I use a
> button ID like: mybuttonid-tbbutton).

First this is suite specific. I don't think Firefox/Flock/IceWeasel/NN 9
have this.

Secondly it's "mybuttonid-button" without the "tb" whatever that is.

Thirdly how many suite extensions are using this feature? The reason I
ask is that I was thinking of removing this feature as part of my
customizable toolbars patch for the suite (since with customizable
toolbar buttons this functionality is mostly redundant). But if there
are more than a few extensions using this I'll leave the
gButtonPrefListener functionality in.

Phil