[Project_owners] Using XMLHttpRequest

Guillermo Julián tutorialeswebmaster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 08:17:13 PDT 2007

This is the source code

requestPage: function()
    {
        var httpRequest = null;

        var Url="http://www.google.es";

        function nodeProp(nodo)
        {
            var Start="Function nodeProp: Start\n\n";
            var Node="Node: "+nodo+"\n";

            var Name="Name: "+nodo.nodeName+"\n";
            var IText="Text: "+nodo.InnerText+"\n";
            var NodeType="Type node: "+nodo.nodeType+"\n";
            var ChildNodes="Child Nodes: "+nodo.childNodes.length+"\n";
            var FirstChild="FirstChild "+nodo.firstChild+"\n";
            var LastChild="LastChild: "+nodo.lastChild+"\n\n";

            var End="Function nodeProp: End";

            var
Sreturn=Start+Node+Name+IText+NodoType+ChildNodes+FirstChild+LastChild+End;

            return Sreturn;
        }

        function manageInfo()
        {
            var output = httpRequest.responseText;
            var XML=httpRequest.responseXML;
            if (output.length)
            {
                var parser= new DOMParser();

                var pag=parser.parseFromString(output,
"application/xhtml+xml");

                alert(output);

                alert(nodeProp(pag));
                alert(nodeProp(pag.firstChild));
            }
        }

        httpRequest = new XMLHttpRequest();

        httpRequest.open("GET", Url, true);
        httpRequest.onload = manageInfo;
        httpRequest.onError = alert("Error");
        httpRequest.send(null);
    },

This is the provisional code to see how works the XMLHttpRequest