[Project_owners] The extension that wouldn't install ...

George A. Booth booth.g at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 18:35:54 PDT 2007

Thanks to all who looked at my code. Really.

My extension, seemed to install. the Firefox extension installer said it
did. The chrome.manifest was fine as was install.rdf. It was correctly
included in chrome, whether it had been internally compressed in a .jar
file or not. All the chrome:// URLs were correct. It had no errors at
the console. The javascript code, when injected worked flawlessly. It
just didn't work.

I have found the problem. Considering the number of eyes that passed
over it, I'm posting the problem.

In a XUL document, the proper rendering of the name space is
/keymaster/gatekeeper/, not /gatekeeper/keymaster/.

I'm going to go and cry now.