[Project_owners] downloads.mozdev.org relaunched!

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 05:38:59 PDT 2007

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> If you visit http://downloads.mozdev.org/ you will now be able to browse to
> your project's folder and view all downloadable files.  downloads.mozdev.org
> still makes use of our mirror network to provide higher availability and
> faster downloads, but the redirection is delayed until an actual file is
> selected.  This should allow project owners to link to specific downloads in
> a much easier fashion and allow users to view all of a project's files that
> available for download without resorting to webcvs.
>
> The following improvements will be coming soon:
> * Improvements to the mirror network to redirect users to a closer mirror
> rather than just a random mirror (bug#2807)
> * Download counters to provide statistics of how many of each file is
> downloaded for a project (bug#7137)
> * Secure installations from mozdev.org (bug#17302)
>
> If you experience any problems with the new downloads.mozdev.org, feel free to
> reply, comment on the bug (link below), or find me in #mozdev on
> irc.mozilla.org.
>
> -Doug

The only problem I see with this 'feature' is when mirror(s) fail to
sync (which is I'm afraid not uncommon) and thus we end up linking
people to _older files_ while newer files are already available.

That is also why my father asked Pete for access to our XPI's, just to
do some checks in our own PHP code and link people to the latest
version/revision/release(s).

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead