[Project_owners] downloads.mozdev.org relaunched!

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Wed Oct 10 05:11:32 PDT 2007

If you visit http://downloads.mozdev.org/ you will now be able to browse to
your project's folder and view all downloadable files.  downloads.mozdev.org
still makes use of our mirror network to provide higher availability and
faster downloads, but the redirection is delayed until an actual file is
selected.  This should allow project owners to link to specific downloads in
a much easier fashion and allow users to view all of a project's files that
available for download without resorting to webcvs.

The following improvements will be coming soon:
* Improvements to the mirror network to redirect users to a closer mirror
rather than just a random mirror (bug#2807)
* Download counters to provide statistics of how many of each file is
downloaded for a project (bug#7137)
* Secure installations from mozdev.org (bug#17302)

If you experience any problems with the new downloads.mozdev.org, feel free to
reply, comment on the bug (link below), or find me in #mozdev on
irc.mozilla.org.

-Doug