[Project_owners] How to force Firefox in javascript to render :hover style

Didier Ernotte didier at ernotte.com
Thu Oct 4 07:58:02 PDT 2007

  I would like to manually force Firefox, in javascript, to  render the :hover CSS style of an object.
I have tried to create an  MouseEvent with the mouseover type, and dispatch the event to the object, but  this only fires the onmouseover javascript scriplet on the object.

evt.initMouseEvent("mouseover", true, true, window,....)
node.dispatchEvent(evt);

The rendering  of the object stays the same. I know that I have defined a CSS style with the  :hover pseudo-class on it, but Firefox does not fire an internal event to re-render the  object with the pseudo-class CSS definition.

Any idea ?