[Project_owners] last day to vote

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 10:10:47 PST 2007

--- Asheesh Laroia <friedfox.mozdev at asheesh.org> wrote:

> I would like to suggest WebDAV as the file storage mechanism with
> Subversion auto-versioning as the backend - you can do it over SSL, which
> helps security, and using Subversion lets people go back in time with
> history if they need it, and the use of WebDAV means developers can use it
> without even thinking or knowing about the history aspect until they come
> to want it.

WebDAV is an excellent suggestion, and dovetails nicely with the recent poll which suggested we
implement Subversion. As you mention, Subversion and apache's mod_dav can be integrated, and its
use of HTTP(s) means access is nearly ubiquitous (unlike, say, FTP or CVS's pserver).

Look for another poll on this topic shortly.