[Project_owners] last day to vote

Myk Melez myk at melez.com
Tue Nov 27 13:25:54 PST 2007

xeen wrote:
> Although FTP would be superb, I guess "simple file upload" would be
> nice, too -- as long as it's NOT web based. Uploading two files with
> those "1 file only" file pickers sucks really hard and unfortunately
> "dragdropupload" has not yet been updated for Firefox 3.
> May I ask for the reasons why FTP was a huge security risk?

I'm not sure what the situation was with Mozdev specifically, but last
time I tried to secure an FTP server it was a long and painful ordeal
involving setting up a chroot jail and doing a variety of other things
to lock it down.

Things may have changed since then, though, and perhaps vsftpd
<http://vsftpd.beasts.org/> addresses that issue.

-myk