[Project_owners] Shutdown Mac/Linux OS

Jesper Staun Hansen jesper at selvet.dk
Fri Nov 23 12:19:38 PST 2007

And for those graphical environment that uses dbus, can shutdown, halt,
hypernate, sleep by this: (hope you know how to read it (works for
Gnome... Can others confirm for other))

#$1 = method name
execute_dbus_method ()
{
    dbus-send --session --dest=org.freedesktop.PowerManagement        \
          --type=method_call --print-reply --reply-timeout=2000    \
          /org/freedesktop/PowerManagement             \
          org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.$1
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "Failed"
    fi
}

if [ "$1" = "suspend" ]; then
    echo "Suspending"
    execute_dbus_method "Suspend"
elif [ "$1" = "hibernate" ]; then
    echo "Hibernating"
    execute_dbus_method "Hibernate"
elif [ "$1" = "reboot" ]; then
    echo "Rebooting"
    execute_dbus_method "Reboot"
elif [ "$1" = "shutdown" ]; then
    echo "Shutting down"
    execute_dbus_method "Shutdown"
elif [ "$1" = "" ]; then
    echo "command required: suspend, shutdown, hibernate or reboot"
else
    echo "command '$1' not recognised, only suspend, shutdown, hibernate
or reboot are valid"
    exit 1
fi