[Project_owners] Should the website be split up?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 09:12:34 PST 2007

Myk Melez wrote:
> Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
>> My father, and all other fine people here on mozdev.org used it as
>> their main server, to provide their work, the add-ons from, and now
>> some of you are saying that mozdev.org can't do that, or that
>> mozdev.org never did work like that.
>>
> Michael,
>
> There's been a misunderstanding, so permit me to clarify: no one has
> said that you and other project owners can't distribute your addons on
> Mozdev or that you weren't able to do so in the past.

A misunderstanding it was, yes.

> You and other project owners have always been able to distribute your
> addons on Mozdev in the past, and I personally think you should continue
> to be able to do so.

Fine, thanks.

> As far as I can tell, so does everyone else in this discussion, and
> there's no indication those distribution capabilities are going away.
> To the contrary, Doug has been doing a bunch of good work recently to
> make the site's download mirror infrastructure more robust, which is a
> P1 priority on the Mozdev roadmap
> <http://www.mozdev.org/resources/roadmap.html>.
>
> -myk

Yeah, that is why I was so surprised, but I am glad that we can close
this soap now (sorry Phil, no more pop corn; I'll put you on a diet from
now on).

Thank you for clearing things up for me,

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead