[Project_owners] Should the website be split up?

Myk Melez myk at melez.com
Thu Nov 22 00:13:15 PST 2007

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
> My father, and all other fine people here on mozdev.org used it as their
> main server, to provide their work, the add-ons from, and now some of
> you are saying that mozdev.org can't do that, or that mozdev.org never
> did work like that.

Michael,

There's been a misunderstanding, so permit me to clarify: no one has
said that you and other project owners can't distribute your addons on
Mozdev or that you weren't able to do so in the past.

You and other project owners have always been able to distribute your
addons on Mozdev in the past, and I personally think you should continue
to be able to do so.

As far as I can tell, so does everyone else in this discussion, and
there's no indication those distribution capabilities are going away.
To the contrary, Doug has been doing a bunch of good work recently to
make the site's download mirror infrastructure more robust, which is a
P1 priority on the Mozdev roadmap
<http://www.mozdev.org/resources/roadmap.html>.

-myk