[Project_owners] You are all wasting your time on mozdev.org...

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 00:07:33 PST 2007

Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
>> I'm glad that you took the time to reply here, but let me tell you that
>> some people don't, and never will use AMO, for whatever reason, and that
>> is just a fact.
>
> That's their problem.
>
>> Maybe the problem is that MultiZilla is this old already, but we will
>> keep using mozdev.org, andyes... that might be our problem (as you said
>> in the other newsgroup) but it was after all where everything started,
>> and not for MultiZilla alone... but Firefox as well (just do some
>> homework).
>
> AMO is no replacement for mozdev and never could be, it also doesn't aim
> to be one, it's a supplement. You seem to make up a competition where
> there is none. The two sites have different targets, and while mozdev
> could set up something that resembles AMO to a certain part, it will
> IMHO never target to be the same, i.e. a collective, searchable and
> listable pure download site for any add-ons of any kind an license,
> targeted at the end-user.
> I don't see the competition you're trying to make of them. There can be
> a good symbiosis and IMHO that's what we need to strengthen and what
> also David said he would like to target.
>
> Robert Kaiser

I'm not trying to make a competition out of it, so please don't try and
keep twisting it, but we are using mozdev.org for the exact same thing
so many years without a fuss/problem.  That's why I said: "Maybe the
problem is that MultiZilla is this old already" but like I have said so
many times now already, this is not about MultiZilla.

AMO came second, and could be so much better when MoCo hired one or two
additional developers/reviewers to fix this review problem.

This will be my last comment about this link thing, and to Robert about
it: you should have made things clear right from the start!

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead