[Project_owners] You are all wasting your time on mozdev.org...

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 23:54:25 PST 2007

Eric H. Jung wrote:
> --- Myk Melez <myk at melez.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll note that AMO knows that review is a problem, and they tried to
>> address it with the recent update, adding a "sandbox" in which addons
>> are accessible before being reviewed.
>>
>> I think they missed the mark, although the sandbox is a good idea,
>> because they didn't lower the bar to contributing reviews, so it's still
>> just as hard to get an addon to go public, even if savvy users can find
>> it in the sandbox.
>
> Perhaps hiring one, two, or even three full-time employees dedicated to AMO reviewing would solve
> the problem, but that isn't for me to speculate and this isn't, of course, the appropriate venue
> for such speculation. In any case, given their USD 70 million endowment, such an approach doesn't
> seem unreasonable.

That is exactly what I said in a previous/other thread in one of the
newsgroups, to lift the main problem of AMO.

Let me also remind some people here that I personally, Raj (our
webmaster) and my father tried to get an old version i.e. MultiZilla
v1.6.4.0 off AMO, and this for two years without a single reply!

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead