[Project_owners] You are all wasting your time on mozdev.org...

Eric H. Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 20:50:32 PST 2007

--- Myk Melez <myk at melez.com> wrote:

> I'll note that AMO knows that review is a problem, and they tried to
> address it with the recent update, adding a "sandbox" in which addons
> are accessible before being reviewed.
> I think they missed the mark, although the sandbox is a good idea,
> because they didn't lower the bar to contributing reviews, so it's still
> just as hard to get an addon to go public, even if savvy users can find
> it in the sandbox.

Perhaps hiring one, two, or even three full-time employees dedicated to AMO reviewing would solve
the problem, but that isn't for me to speculate and this isn't, of course, the appropriate venue
for such speculation. In any case, given their USD 70 million endowment, such an approach doesn't
seem unreasonable.