[Project_owners] You are all wasting your time on mozdev.org...

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Mon Nov 19 17:38:47 PST 2007

Hi,

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
> I'm glad that you took the time to reply here, but let me tell you that
> some people don't, and never will use AMO, for whatever reason, and that
> is just a fact.

That's their problem.

> Maybe the problem is that MultiZilla is this old already, but we will
> keep using mozdev.org, andyes... that might be our problem (as you said
> in the other newsgroup) but it was after all where everything started,
> and not for MultiZilla alone... but Firefox as well (just do some homework).

AMO is no replacement for mozdev and never could be, it also doesn't aim
to be one, it's a supplement. You seem to make up a competition where
there is none. The two sites have different targets, and while mozdev
could set up something that resembles AMO to a certain part, it will
IMHO never target to be the same, i.e. a collective, searchable and
listable pure download site for any add-ons of any kind an license,
targeted at the end-user.
I don't see the competition you're trying to make of them. There can be
a good symbiosis and IMHO that's what we need to strengthen and what
also David said he would like to target.

Robert Kaiser