[Project_owners] You are all wasting your time on mozdev.org...

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 08:06:37 PST 2007

David Boswell wrote:
>> Robert Kaiser wrote: "mozdev is hard to navigate for novices"
>
> I certainly agree with this.  After 8 years of growth, mozdev is in
> need of a redesign that addresses branding and usability issues.  What
> might have worked for a dozen projects doesn't necessarily work for
> thousands.

That's why I wrote: "I am sure that mozdev.org is willing to invest some
more time to please you, just as it does for so many people so many
years already." meaning if Robert has a point, and he does seem to have
one here, then we should make changes,right?

That was also the main reason for moving this thread to mozdev.org, not
because I was childish disappointed, but because I wanted to trigger
constructive feed back.  I guess I failed to make it clear.

>> and "every useful extension for end users should be on AMO."
>
> IMO, AMO and mozdev serve two different purposes.  AMO is a great place
> to serve stable versions of an extension to a wide audience and mozdev
> is a place to do development of a project that allows you to easily
> serve new versions of an extension or application.
>
> It's been a goal of ours to make it easier for mozdev project owners to
> update their code on AMO, so maybe this is one way to get around the
> frustration some people are expressing about having to wait a long time
> to get their code an AMO reviewed and updated.
>
>> What do you think?  Do we need to make a change, and if that is a yes
>
>> what should we change?
>
> There are a lot of areas that could be improved, so we welcome your
> feedback about what you would like to see done on mozdev.  We know
> things aren't perfect, so you won't hurt our feelings if you tell us
> what sucks about the site :)
>
> David

Hey, I wasn't the one complaining, but Robert was.  Again, if he has a
point, and a project here, did he ever mention it to you guys?

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead