[Project_owners] You are all wasting your time on mozdev.org...

John Woods johnrw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:44:07 PST 2007

Release early, release often...
AMO, and UMO before it, were really only fit for old stable versions
of an extension.
Just so you all know... whenever i wanted an approval, I had to get on
#firefox and do some begging... which stinks. It was either that or it
sits in a cue for a month.

Mozdev was always great... where a dev or group could get enthusiastic
about the development and be sure if a bug was introduced... it could be
fixed and re released quickly. Amo and Umo took all that out of the process.
If they have put it back by now...then my apologies in advance.
I don't look very often anymore.

If mozdev had not been around... nobody would have looked at Firefox.
They wouldn't have had a reason to. It was the extensions that
Netscape/Mozilla had all along that were interesting... and creating a
UI and it's
methods to remove unwanted extensions... could just have easily been done to
mozilla suite and the years spent on a more productive endeavor.

Actually, Firefox is still bloated but I do like the crash recovery.
Wasn't that an extension first? Was it hosted here too?