[Project_owners] Firefox/SeaMonkey API parity

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 15:39:08 PST 2007

Neil wrote:
> As part of bug 240393, Justin Wood suggests that we should try to keep
> parity with the Firefox API, in particular:
>
> isValidFeed(aData, aPrincipal, aKnown) - unless aKnown is true, verifies
> aData against a feed-detection algorithm; always performs a security check

I never liked the name 'isValidFeed' but would rather use 'isFeedData'
instead.

> contentPrincipal - property on tabbrowser, shorthand for
> contentDocument.nodePrincipal

Isn't contentPrincipal already a property in browser.xml?

Using gBrowser.mCurrentBrowser.contentPrincipal in JS is so much clearer
to understand, at least to me.  Oh, and why duplicate things?

BTW Who made the call to drop the leading m i.e. it should at least be
mContentPrincipal

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead