[Project_owners] OSX troubles

Shane Caraveo shanec at ActiveState.com
Sat May 12 11:04:12 PDT 2007

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk wrote:
> Shane Caraveo wrote:
>> Michael Vincent van Rantwijk wrote:
>>> I have some questions concerning Mac OSX and attached three small
>>> images to clarify my problems.
>>>
>>> 1) How do you call this image/button on the upper right corner of
>>> windows?
>>>
>>> The thing is that I don't see this on my dialogs, and I was wondering
>>> if someone here managed to get that going on his/her dialogs also, and
>>> if yes, how?  By using dialog { -moz-appearance: none !important );
>>> maybe?
>> It should only be on windows
>
> Ok, clear.
>
>>> 2) Which event is triggered when you click on this image/button?  Is
>>> that ondialogcancel or ondialogaccept?
>> it shows/hides the toolbar
>

>> Add dialog=no to your options in the window.openDialog call.  I know
>> that sounds weird, but it enables a few things that should be enabled.
>
> You mean to fix that ugly resizer problem?  That would be perfect.

I mixed up my response.

It is to get the window close/minimize/maximize buttons on the
upper-left corner of the dialog.  Not sure how to fix the ugly resizer,
it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

>> The options for windows/dialogs on osx are somewhat wrong IMHO.  Be sure
>> you DO NOT use dialog=no on windows/linux.
>
> Clear, and what about "alwaysraised" and "modal" windows/dialogs?  That
> also works with OSX?

They do other strange things.  The best thing to do is experiment.
Shane