[Project_owners] auto certificate acceptance

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 07:35:05 PST 2007

Preet Shihn wrote:
> So, when I visit a https web site with a certificate, it asks for "do you
> want to accept certificate" or "do you want to accept certificate
> permanently", something along those lines....
> Is there a way to hook up into a mozilla service so that instead of popping
> that dialog, it automatically accepts the certificate?
> Maybe I would have to implement some sort service provider that is
> called to
> handle these dialogs, and I return back a value indicating "accept this
> certificate".
> Somehow, I have a feeling it would be much more complicated.
> Any ideas/infor related to this would be appreciated.
> Merci !
> Preet

Take a look at: nsIBadCertListener.idl

function BadCertHandler() {
BadCertHandler.prototype = {
   confirmUnknownIssuer: function(socketInfo, cert, certAddType) {
     return false;

   confirmMismatchDomain: function(socketInfo, targetURL, cert) {
     return false;

   confirmCertExpired: function(socketInfo, cert) {
     return false;

   notifyCrlNextupdate: function(socketInfo, targetURL, cert) {