[Project_owners] auto certificate acceptance

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:58:43 PST 2007

The browser only asks this if the certificate is not authenticated by a
known CA (Certificate Authority)

You need to purchase an SSL certificate from a CA - then the browser
will not pop up a dialog and will open the page right away.

The message does not convey too well to the user that the certificate in
question has a problem - either it was self-issued (which, incidentally,
is perfectly okay for internal use, e.g. connecting to a computer on
your own network) or has already expired.

I bought a certificate from godaddy last year - it was pretty cheap
(about $20/year)

Hope this helps