[Project_owners] extension to store cookies remotely?

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 16:51:01 PST 2007

Hi,

There are many cookie-based Firefox extensions, but I haven't found one which does the following. I'm posting here in the hopes that someone knows of an extension that already does this:

I use about 10-15 different computers in various locations (home, work, friends', internet cafes, etc), most with 3-5 firefox profiles. This means I have roughly 30 different cookie databases at any given moment. This makes website authentication rather annoying. Moreover, when I switch jobs or re-image a hard drive (every few months), I lose all cookies for the profiles on those machines.

Is there an extension which enables me to store/retrieve cookies to/from a remote data store instead of Firefox's cookie.txt file? If not, I'll try to write it myself, but I'd rather not re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for any ideas,
Eric