[Project_owners] xulrunner projects and 3rd party installers

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 02:13:13 PST 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:51:40 -0000, r.v.johnson wrote:

> Given that some of the projects on mozdev may become xulrunner "compliant",
> maybe mozdev could provide some  expertise/feedback in this area
> particularly the use of third party installer (nsis and msi)

> from the comments I have have read regarding installers and potential registry
> corruption,  it looks like this is likely to be a non trivial task

I'm not sure why you need a third party installer. Once mozilla.org
fixes the bug to give xulrunner a targetApplication ID, surely all you
would need to do is to update your install.rdf with an additional arc
for "xulrunner"? That's what zeniko and I are planning for Console^2 anyway.

Phil

[ ]TBSM: The Basic Sub Machine - Free Basic Sources For You!
* TagZilla 0.059.4