[Project_owners] R-Kiosk extension broken with FF 2.0.0.2

Bob Walter Bob.Walter at Queuent.com
Wed Mar 7 05:10:35 PST 2007

The R-Kiosk extension that allows the browser to go to full screen
(including no windows title bar, minimize, maximize, and close buttons) has
broken since the last FF update (2.0.0.2) and the author has not logged in
since October 2006. See https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1659/ . Since the
last FF update, the extension's fullscreen features no longer work and the
windows title bar, minimize, maximize, and close buttons are enabled.

Is this extension still being maintained? It is a very powerful extension
and allows our web applications to run in a public environments on
touchscreen displays. We selected FF for our browser choice because of its
fullscreen capabilities. I have tried to contact the author for several
weeks now with no response. If this extension is no longer maintained, will
it be pulled from the list of extension on the FF extension site?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

  - Bob -