[Project_owners] mouseover for link monitoring!

xeen aka.xeen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 11:01:20 PDT 2007

Ezequiels mentioned function would require to change every link on that page!

Simply hand event.target you get from your mouseover listener to this
function, and it will either return the link or false, if the mouse
doesn't hover a link:

function findLink(e) {
    while(e && e.docName!="#document") {
      if(e.href && e.href.length>0) {
        return e.href;
      }
      e=e.parentNode;
    }
    return false;
  }

I think this doesn't work on XLinks, but "a" and "area" stuff should work fine.
It simply walks up the DOM until it reaches its root or finds a link.
If you don't do it this way, it will e.g. fail on the following

Greetings
xeen