[Project_owners] What is your extension editor.

Didier Ernotte didier at ernotte.com
Wed Jun 27 13:17:18 PDT 2007

The plain Eclipse is a plain Java IDE, if you want to edit with color, auto completion, etc XML, XUL, and Javascript files you need some external plugins. WTP provide all these plugins.

Ramiro Aparicio <frisco82 at gmail.com> wrote: I have been developing with Notepad the old and good Notepad and 7-zip
+ bat files for packaging.
For XUL and dtd files editing sometimes I use EditPad Pro 5 to fix
UTF-8 encoding problems in localizations.

To test, SeaMonkey 1.0.2 to avoid the problems of restarting firefox
while surfing and testing at the same time, and also to write code as
backwards compatible as I can.

But I am very interested in you Eclipse folks, there si some good
documentation about that ANT builder (can handle with params for
version numbers? for example) and Didier, what are the benefits of WTP
plugin when working with extensions?

On 6/27/07, Ezequiel Calderara  wrote:
> Hi!...
> im kinda new also, but i'm looking for a more specific type of utility.
> Is there any visual XUL editor? something like a dreamweaver for XUL or
> something like that?.
>
> Thanks!!...
>
> Bye bye
>

> On 6/27/07, Marco Pivetta  wrote:
> > Hi belaviyo!
> > Well, I just use Notepad++, nothing else, also because the XUL interface
> of our software is very limited (we almost always work with JavaScript)...
> > Anyway, sometimes i use the tools that can be found on XULplanet to try
> out my works.
> > Other tools I rarely use are GreaseMonkey for testing my Javascripts,
> FireBug for debugging and NoScript to try out compatibility of my works with
> website that use javascript. As you can see these are all testing tools...
> > The friends of mine working at the project use almost the same tools (but
> they always work only on PHP and JavaScript)
> > I hope i was useful ;)
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Marco Pivetta AKA Ocramius Aethril
> >

> > 2007/6/27, joe ertaba :
> > >
> > > Hi boys
> > >
> > > i am new in developing Extension for FireFox
> > >
> > > please tell me what is good editor for Extension developers.
> > > (XUL , JS,...)
> > > i found an extension "Extension Developer". is there any other
> extensions or external software?
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > --
> > Standard Ogame Project - http://stogame.lepihost.net