[Project_owners] I'm not bored

Chris Neale cdn at mozdev.org
Thu Jun 21 12:34:53 PDT 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007 19:49, Frederik Vanderstraeten wrote:

> Could everyone calm down please? He has the right to use any hardware he
> wants, inferior hardware doesn't remove his right to complain.
> If you had read what he said, or if you did any effort to look at the
> screenshot properly, or to even understand the issue, you'd see he has a
> very reasonable request. He uses the newsgroup, *not the mailing list*.
>
> When using the newsgroup there is no reason for the tag at all, and it
> isn't shown on newsgroup messages, only on messages originating from the
> mailing list. So probably the tag should be stripped out when copying a
> mailing list message to the newsgroup.
> Does anyone know how to do this? I don't know Mailman, but if this
> process is programmed in Python, I could provide a patch.
> Please let me know if it would actually be used.
>
> Frederik Vanderstraeten

Mailman's mail - news gateway module can be configured to not add the prefix;
although it doesn't appear to strip it out if it's already there - I made the
change earlier today ...

No one appears to have noticed; probably because of the above.

--

cdn

--

feedback -at- mozdev -dot- org is for comments *not* about a specific project

http://gifts-for-free.co.uk

http://www.mrunix.net/htmlmail.html