[Project_owners] CSS help

Nickolay Ponomarev asqueella at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:34:51 PDT 2007

On 6/19/07, eric.jung at yahoo.com <eric.jung at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Nickolay,
>
> Using absolute sizes like px/mm/in was suggested to me. In this case, that
> will solve the problem, but on webpages (non-extensions), I'm told I *must*
> use relative sizes so that browser resizes and View->Text Size changes in
> the browser scale correctly. I don't know if it's accurate that the page
> won't scale correctly unless relative sizes are used, but it sounds
> reasonable.

AFAIK, only IE doesn't properly resize px-sized text. Don't know if
it's a good practice to use ems for setting text size in general and
why.

If you must use relative sizing, you could set font-size for h3
explicitly, then adjust font-size for h3->input so that

input_font_size = h3_font_size * h3_input_font_size

(so basically what you were doing, except not relying on the default
style for h3)

Nickolay