[Project_owners] CSS help

Nickolay Ponomarev asqueella at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:12:34 PDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Eric H. Jung <eric.jung at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This isn't strictly an Firefox/Thunderbird add-on problem; I've encountered
> it with plain HTML/CSS, but now I *am* encountering it with an extension.
> The problem I'm trying to solve is how to use font-size to scale a button
> inside a heading (h1, h2, d3) element so it appears the same size as buttons
> *not* in a heading element. The best I've been able to do is approximate
> things by trying different font-sizes, but is there a way to explicitly make
> them equal sizes?

Use a size in pixels, like input {font-size: 16px}? The issue is that
the "em" unit is relative to the font size of the parent element, and
the h3 has an increased size.

(See http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html#font-size )

There are other workarounds possible, once you know the cause of the problem.

Nickolay