[Project_owners] Kill the tag

Myk Melez myk at melez.com
Mon Jun 18 00:29:18 PDT 2007

David Boswell wrote:
> I think the tag in the subject line is useful for people using the
> mailing list.
This is one of those issues that people can never agree on, like whether
or not "reply to list" should be default.  I prefer no tag in the
subject line, and I have the same issue with not being able to see much
of the subject when the tag is there (even with a widescreen, since I
use a "vertical" layout to display as many message items as possible).

But others prefer the tag, and perhaps there are some mail clients out
there that can only filter on the subject field (although I don't know
of any).

I don't think there's any solution to this conflict, except perhaps to
add a per-subscription or per-account preference for this to mailman.
Otherwise, you'll never be able to satisfy most people, so you might as
well stay with the current behavior.

-myk