[Project_owners] html entries in xml declined parsing?

Foreningen Selvet - Jesper Staun Hansen jesper at selvet.dk
Fri Jul 20 14:39:30 PDT 2007

Well, I never considered it that way.
Thanks, that actually helped, since I never considered that the &xxx;
were looked up in the language files.

Now I have quiet a different problem, but also related to what I've
written about with the file content:
<Letter>Thanks

yes sir</Letter>

With the following:
<script>
document.getElementById("indhold").value = data.indhold;
dump("dumped: "+ document.getElementById("indhold").value +"\n");
</script>

<description id="indhold" style="padding-left:2em;white-space:
pre;"></description>
            <description style="white-space:pre;">whopper
            whopper
yey
            </description>

Now in the dump the following is displayed:
dumped: Thanks

yes sir

Which seems right, as that is what the letter contained, and the
"whopper whopper yey" is displayed with the proper linebreaking. But!
The "Thanks(linebreak)(linebreak)yes sir" is not displayed proper when
viewed on the xul page.
It displays what can be described as this:
Thanks^^yes sir

Or at least it looks like really small ^'s
So, what goes wrong here?