[Project_owners] InstallTrigger

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Fri Jul 20 08:05:36 PDT 2007

On Friday 20 July 2007, eric.jung at yahoo.com wrote:
> There's great documentation on InstallTrigger here:
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Installing_Extensions_and_Themes_From_
>Web_Pages Short of implementing a file release system like SourceForge, I'm
> not sure how mozdev could enforce each project-owner into publishing their
> download page with InstallTrigger.

Eric, thanks for the link to the docs; very helpful.

Michael, when you have a chance can you look over the InstallTrigger page and
let me know if it accomplishes most of what you were referring to with the
link fingerprinting?  If this is already supported in Mozilla then I think we
should aim for this instead of trying to get something new integrated.

Eric's probably right that we would need a download registration system like
SF.net in order to publish the links; that might be the best way to handle
bug#17302 (mozdev.org should allow for secure installs).  I'll comment on
that bug to keep track of ideas there, as well.

-Doug