[Project_owners] Can we use our own SSL certificate?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 14:00:10 PDT 2007

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> On Thursday 19 July 2007, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
>> "Thanks for your responses; they will definitely help us with making
>> decisions about support SSL (ie, don't ;).
>>
>> -Doug"
>
> And since most people on this list don't have any context of the mirrors list,
> I should say that all of our mirrors said they did not support SSL and did
> not have any plans to.

None support SSL currently, and only one said they might... but need a
valid certificate.  That is why I need to look forward and asked this
question ;)

> My response was to those admins; not a general response for Mozdev.org.

In the end it is all the same, because *we* the project owners depend on
mirrors too much already.  I mean, mozdev.org is getting more like a
hosting company for Open Source project related to MoCo, while the
mirrors seem to provide all data transfer, but how much is that really?
  Maybe it is time for something new, a big change...and I will have
three weeks to work on it starting next :-)

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead