[Project_owners] XPI install still vulnerable to MITM attacks on mozdev.org

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 12:13:53 PDT 2007

I think we're going around in circles a bit on this thread, so let me
propose a different solution.  If someone would like to propose a
different fix for this problem, I would be happy to submit it to the
admins for review and then the admins can vote on which proposed system
to implement.  We can also ask the lawyers on the board to approve any
system before it gets implemented to make sure there aren't any
liability issues.

I don't think any proposal needs to be very formal, but I would suggest
that it includes a description of the fix and an explanation on why the
proposer feels like it is a better solution than the one currently
under discussion.  I'm not trying to make this process difficult, but
it doesn't seem like we're coming to any consensus through discussing
things on the list.

David