[Project_owners] Secure Updates for Firefox 3

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Wed Jul 18 07:18:41 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007, eric.jung at yahoo.com wrote:
> Not accurate. All known information is available at the following links
> These links should be treated canonically; Doug has only been attempting to
> summarize them. Specifically, gpg/pgp isn't mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for postingthe links, Eric.  I should have done that to begin with.

Unfortunately the proposal isn't finalized and neither are the designs.  We'll
try to do our best to explain things as we understand them, but we just
wanted to make everyone aware of the changes in store for the Firefox 3
updates process and that additional work will be required for extension
developers to support automatic updates for it.

Once better/more finalized documentation is available, along with tools for
handling the signing, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

-Doug